Sunday, October 26, 2008

Our Mission Statement

Hey there.

Let me begin by sharing what I hope to accomplish with this blog. I consider myself to be somewhat of a food lover. I love finding great new places to eat, I love eating at places with great food, and I love talking about great food. I want to use this blog as an opportunity to share my opinions of the places that I've eaten at, for whoever cares enough to read it.

Take note, however, I am not a professional food critic; I don't have a sophisticated palette, or a preference for upscale restaurants with great service and decor. I'm a casual diner with a modest budget and I just like to eat food that tastes good. I'm not going to narrow down my reviews to a single numeric amount... Let's be real here- food tastes good, or it doesn't. You like eating it, or you don't.

My reviews will be based mostly upon taste. If there is exceptional (for good or for bad) service, atmosphere, prices, or whatever, it may be taken into account. Eateries reviewed here will be labeled as either "Bad," "Okay," "Good," or "Great!"

Most reviews will likely be centered around the New York City area, seeing as how that's where our contributing writers seem to eat the most. I'm sure there will be some exceptions from time to time, though.

And that's all there is to it. Eat up!

-Chris

No comments: