Sunday, November 2, 2008

Burger Creations (Good)

So this place recently opened up on 8th street (in between University and Broadway), and its name interested me enough to try it out.

To say the least, it was a very satisfying meal. Each burger is served with shredded lettuce, tomato, and the "signature sauce" on a brioche bun. I ordered the "Southern Burger," which also comes with bacon, onions, monterey jack, and barbecue sauce. The burger patty itself was decently sized (I would guess 6-8 ounces), but lacked any distinctive taste. It wasn't at all bad, but I feel as though I could get a comparable burger nearly anywhere in Manhattan. This burger shined, however, with its blend of flavors. The onion went well with the bacon, which went well with the cheese, which went well with the beef, etc. I particularly enjoyed the unidentified "signature sauce," which I would say is something similar to that "special sauce" they put on a Big Mac. Altogether, the "Southern Burger" was fairly tasty.

My biggest complaint, though, was that the burger seemed to have trouble holding together. By the end of my meal, I couldn't really pick it up anymore, and nobody wants to have to eat a burger with a fork. I'm not entirely sure if this will be a reoccurring problem with Burger Creations, or if it just happened to be that particular burger. I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, seeing as how they are a new establishment, and perhaps haven't fully worked out the kinks yet.

Much to my delight, the fries were rather delicious. They were a near perfect blend of crispy batter and flavorful potato. They were well sized too- not too thick or thin.

Overall, I give the experience a thumbs up. The menu is varied enough to warrant another visit. They've got a number of other "creations" such as the Philly Burger, the Parisian, the Santa Fe, and so on. They also have mini burgers, which are always fun. The prices are fair (about $10 for burger/fries/drink), the atmoshphere was pleasant, and the service was quick and friendly.

I recommend Burger Creations to anyone craving a quick burger with some substance.

-Chris

No comments: